Student Support Service (SSS)
The Student Support Service (SSS) of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ruhuna was established in 2006 funded by the IRQUE-QEF World Bank Project in Activity 3.4. Twelve academic staff members were trained as counselors as well as trainers in counseling to provide a counseling service to the students and undertake training of other academic staff as counselors.
The SSS functions from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm on weekdays enabling students to seek support. There is a receptionist to coordinate the work of the SSS.
- Hotline to enable students to contact the SSS/Resource Person.
- Provide information on services available, bursaries and scholarships.
- Counseling - Receptionist will arrange an appointment with one of the academic staff members who are trained to counsel students (Resource Persons SSS).
- Arrange appointments with the University Medical Officer.
- A financial support system to help students who are in need, has been designed which will be implemented soon.
Alumni of the Faculty of Medicine - Galle, Donors and Well Wishers are kindly requested to financially support this system.