We undertake national and international postgraduate students in the following areas
- Drug development with herbal plants.
- Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance
- Pharmavovigilance and drug utilization projects
- Early prediction of Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown Etiology with urinary bio-markers
- Small fiber neuropathy following organophosphate (OP) poisoning
- Immunopharmacology for the PGIM Diploma in Molecular Medicine
List of students
- Dr. M. T. Madhushika (PhD) – Promoting Spontaneous Reporting of Adverse Drug Reactions in Teaching Hospital Karapitiya using manual reporting process and a mobile application.
- Mr. Sameera Gunasekara (MPhil) – Development of a Ruman spectroscopy facility for bio fluid based disease diagnostics; with an application for early stage detection of CKDu.
- Ms. Ashani Uthpala Bulathgama (MPhil) – Development of innovative functional foods and combined herbal nutraceuticals using selected medicinal plants.
- Ms. G.M.V.D.Wijenayake (MPhil) – Effect of Psidium guajava, Carcinia gummi-gutta, Eryngium foetidum and cinnamomum verum on glycaemic control in mouse models.
- Ms. S.D.M.Dilshani (MPhil) – Univariate and Bivariate Meta-Analyses on the Effect of Abaloparatide and Romosozumab on Bone Mineral Density and Fracture Occurrence